Well, I got this one in just under the wire! I could bore you with the details as to hurting my back and having to watch my son, but instead why don’t I post the progress of this page.

I started out doing the thumbnail on my iPad in Sketchbook Pro. I downloaded a comic book template from somewhere (deviantart probably) to make sure all the proportions are right.


From here I emailed it to myself, downloaded it, and dropped it in my template for printing. I printed this layout in very light blue on Bristol Board and then tightened it up with a 2B pencil.


It’s fairly loose since I ink myself on this. Note that at this point I still haven’t realized how utterly boring the last panel is. So I start inking using a Pentel Pocket brush, a Karetake Brush Pen, and one or two other things here and there. And then boom! The boringness of the last panel smacks me in the face. So I do a quick patch:


No iPad for this one, just straight onto the board since I knew what I wanted to do. Just laid down a quick perspective grid then dropped the figures and a very loose environment inside. Then off to inking!


Once the inks were all done I was ready to color, but I’m hanging on by the seat of my pants when it comes to coloring, so I won’t bother with showing the process for that.

Well there it is, for what it’s worth. Until next time!